DNASTAR for MSU Researchers
RTSF offers DNASTAR Lasergene Core Suite licensing to university scientists at a significantly discounted rate. The annual subscription fee for the first license seat is $290 and then $65 for each computer in your lab that you choose to license after that.
The DNASTAR Lasergene Core Suite includes the following programs: SeqBuilder, SeqMan Pro, MegAlign, GeneQuest, Protean 3D, Protean, EditSeq, and PrimerSelect.
The current DNASTAR Lasergene release is 14a which includes the following updated features:
- Streamlined virtual cloning and several new cloning methods
- GenVision Pro, a completely new application for visualizing genomic data
- New Sanger validation workflow for NGS assemblies
- Combined analysis for multiple NGS projects
- Enhanced de novo transcriptome workflow
- NovaDock, our new application for protein-protein docking
- NovaFold Antibody, a new workflow for generating antibody models
How Do I Subscribe?
If you wish to subscribe to the DNASTAR Lasergene Core Suite please submit an email to Ashley Shillinger with the following information included:
- PI name associated with the subscription
- Account number to be billed
- The hostname of your computer(s) you wish to install the software on (this is case sensitive)
- Email address associated with billing for the lab account and an alternate lab contact if applicable
- Physical lab address
To find the hostname of your computer:
- Open a Command Prompt (or Terminal session if using a Mac)
- Type the word hostname
- Press the Enter/Return key
- Copy and paste the computer’s response exactly as given (case sensitive) into the email