Resource Calendar & Reservations
The Genomics Core maintains some select equipment available for public use:
Located in Room S-10 Plant Biology:
- Invitrogen Qubit fluorometer for DNA/RNA quantitation
- Covaris M220 sonicator for DNA fragmentation
- FLUOstar OPTIMA microplate reader for high throughput DNA/RNA quantitation
Located in Room S-18 Plant Biology:
- BioMek 3000 liquid handler robot
Users must receive training by Genomics Core staff prior to using this equipment. Please contact the Genomics Core (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a training session.
To use any of this equipment you must schedule time in advance. Reservations must not exceed 3 hours and work must be completed between the hours of 8 AM and 5 PM Monday through Friday.
Reservation calendars for each piece of shared equipment have been set up using the University's MS Office 365 Outlook Calendar. An MSU NetID is required to access these calendars. Configuration and scheduling reservations using these calendars differs depending on whether you access them via an MS Outlook desktop application, Outlook for the web with the old layout view or with the new layout view. You may download detailed instructions specific for the method you use to access Office 365:
- Schedule using Outlook Desktop Application (Windows)
- Schedule using Outlook Desktop Application (MacOS)
- Schedule using Outlook Web (Old View)
- Schedule using Outlook Web (New View)
After submitting an appointment request you will receive an email (and possibly a Calendar notification) either confirming or declining your request. If your request is declined a reason will be given in the email. If you do not receive an automated reply within a few minutes of making your request then your reservation was NOT made. If this happens or you have any questions please contact the Genomics Core (email@example.com).