Sample Submission for Illumina Sequencing
Please ship your samples following these instructions:
- Pre-register your samples in our LIMS before shipping.
- Upload your QC documents (bioanalyzer reports, gel images, etc.) to the LIMS
- Clearly label and seal all samples:
- For 1.5 ml tubes, clearly label the top and side of the tube with the sample name.
- For 96-well plates, label the plate (not the film or foil) with the LIMS project ID. Ensure plate is completely sealed. Caps from 8-strip tubes can be used in place of foil or film, be sure they fit tightly on a plate.
- Protect tubes or 96-well plates during shipping by packing them in a secondary container, such as a 50 ml conical tube or freezer box.
- Include your LIMS submission form with your shipment and any hard copies of QC documents (bioanalyzer/fragment analyzer reports, gel images, etc.).
- Ship samples overnight with an excess of dry ice on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. Packages are accepted Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am-5pm (except holidays, holidays are listed below).
- Shipping on Thursday for Friday delivery is not recommended.
- Obtain a tracking number for your shipment and notify us of your shipment. We will confirm receipt.
- Use FedEx for international shipments.
If you are mailing samples, please ship them per the instructions above and send them to the following address:
612 Wilson Road, S-18 D
East Lansing, MI 48824
University Holidays and Genomics Core closures
Samples cannot be received during holidays or closures.
January 1, 2019
May 27, 2019
July 4, 2019
July 5, 2019
September 2, 2019
November 28, 2019
November 29, 2019
December 23, 2019 through January 1, 2020