The MSU Proteomics Facility provides resources and expertise to assist researchers in the identification and characterization of proteins and peptides. Experiments from simple protein discovery to complex differential proteome profiling, post-translational modification mapping and protein/peptide quantification can be performed using our state-of-the art instrumentation and software.
- ThermoScientific Q-Exactive HF-X Mass Spectrometer. A new hybrid instrument which adds increased ion transmission and increased duty cycle to the already excellent Q-Exactive platform. These improvements allow for increased sensitivity and scan speeds which result in more protein/peptide identifications in roughly half the time.
- ThermoScientific Q-Exactive Mass Spectrometer. A hybrid instrument combining high resolution, accurate mass Orbitrap detection with the mass selectivity of a Quadrupole mass spectrometer. This flexible instrument allows us to perform everything from routine bottom-up protein/peptide IDâs to semiquantitative isotopic labeling experiments and even targeted quantitation of proteins in complex samples.
- ThermoScientific EASY nanoUPLCâs. Award winning LCâs provide the liquid chromatographic interface for each of the MS systems. Designed for nano-scale, capillary and narrow-bore separations these systems attain the highest chromatographic resolution, sensitivity and reproducibility available.
- BioRad Criterion 1D PAGE. Robust platform for protein level separations and visualization.
- Agilent OffGel 3100 Fractionator. pH based fractionation for separation of complex samples in the liquid phase for deep proteome profiling experiments.
- Waters Acquity H-class UPLC. Flexible and sensitive, the H-class allows high resolution separations of proteins and peptides using a variety of chromatographic techniques.
- Software suites including:
- Mascot Distiller
- Proteome Discoverer
- Mascot, Sequest, X!Tandem and Andromeda search algorithms
- Scaffold, Scaffold Q+S, and ScaffoldDIA
Sample turn-around time for most experiments is 7-10 days. We are always accessible via email or phone for any questions you may have.